How to Apply for a Grant
To apply for a Greehey Family Foundation grant, please submit a written request to:
The Greehey Family Foundation
Attn: Julie Bedell
P.O. Box 780489
San Antonio, Texas 78278
To be considered for a grant, the following information is required in your request:
- The organization's purpose and history. (Provide a website if available.)
- Proof of 501(c)(3) status.
- Whether the organization is supported by United Way.
- The nature and extent of the problem you plan to address.
- How the proposed effort relates to the Foundation's program goals.
- Program objectives.
- Timeline of proposed activities.
- Estimated cost for the project and overall budget.
- The amount requested from the Foundation.
- Percentage of the amount requested to the program's total budget.
- If the grant will be matched, provide the details, including the deadline.
- Name, address, phone number, and e-mail address (if available) of the primary person to contact within your organization should we have questions.
It's important to keep the information concise as the Foundation receives numerous requests. Please do not send unnecessary materials or examples of past work (articles, reports, videos, or other materials). These items will be requested, if needed.
The Foundation may also request a tour of the agency in order to gain a better understanding of the project or program, see first-hand who will be served, and assess the capacity of the potential grantee to carry out its objectives.
If funds are received, please note that the grant cannot be publicly announced without prior approval by The Greehey Family Foundation. Agencies also need to provide a brief report showing that funds were used as requested and that outcomes were achieved (if applicable).