The Greehey Family Foundation is set up to support a wide range of needs in the community, but we do have certain guidelines in place to help ensure that our funding is appropriately used, and that it is granted in accordance with Federal laws governing foundation giving. So, if you are considering a submission to The Greehey Family Foundation, please consider the following guidelines.
- The Foundation awards grants only to organizations that are exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation is not able to award grants to individuals or for-profit organizations.
- In keeping with the Foundation's mission, grants are primarily awarded to agencies with programs and services in Bexar County. However, the Foundation may consider requests from outside Bexar County as long as they meet the funding goals of supporting health and human welfare issues, children's causes, education, and the homeless.
- Funding is to be used to directly meet specific needs within the community, so the Foundation does not typically support fundraising event sponsorships or teams.
- The Foundation's Board of Directors meets biannually to consider grant requests. Therefore, the review process can take approximately six months. However, the Foundation is able to consider requests for immediate/emergency funds, based on the discretion of the Foundation's Board of Directors.
- The Foundation typically awards an agency only one grant per year. Grant recipients must re-apply each year.